1. Launch Microsoft Lync and sign in.
2. Click the Option menu. Mouse over Tools and click on Options
3. Select Personal from the sidebar, ensure Save instant message conversations in my email Conversation History folder is checked, and click OK.
4. Sign out of Microsoft Lync by clicking the Option menu near the gear icon, mouse over File, and click on Sign Out. Sign back in to apply the changes.
5. You will then find you conversations from Lync stored in a folder on your Outlook client called “Conversation History.”